Saturday, December 13, 2008

Well, here's the pictures I promised of the ornaments I made for my nieces and nephews this year. I found these tins on sale at Target and thought they'd make good shaker-box ornaments. These are the 5 designs I came up with.



You might recognize these 2 guys from the light box in the last post. Aren't they cute? I found these snowflake buttons after I'd already finished the snowman ornaments, but I thought they'd be cute with the little ice skater. I snipped the button hoop off the back. One of the snowflakes is loose in the ornament, and the other is glued to the front. I also put some glitter and fake snow inside the ornament to shake around. I stamped extra ornaments for the bottom one and coated them with dimensional glaze to make them shiny.


I have to say that this little guy is my favorite. He was a lot of work though. I stamped all the little candies and cut each one out. There's gumdrops, a lollipop, peppermint candy, jellybeans, and of course, the gingerbread guy. Since I made 6 of this design, that was a bit of cutting. The fake snow didn't look quite right in this one, so I put microbeads to look like sugar in the bottom along with a plastic candy cane and some of the jellybeans I cute out. What do you think?

Well, I seem to be coming down with something, so I think I'm going to call it a night and get some sleep. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

nichole said...

One again I love them all. They are so cute! Brianna says she wants one:)