Friday, February 22, 2013

Woo Hoo! Back to Blogging!

Well, hello there. Thanks for stopping by my little blog. It's been a while hasn't it? I needed to step back for a bit and re-evaluate my time and energies. The blogs were definitely at the bottom of the priority list. Things seem a little less crazy now, and I thought it was time for a bit of a change. I really needed to sit down and figure out what I wanted to do with the blogs and what purpose I had for them.

My initial reason for blogging was for family and friends to keep up with what was going on in our lives. Being a military family, and then retiring away from my family, I thought this was a good way to keep in touch with them. Then along came Facebook. It didn't seem quite so necessary to have the blog since most of our friends and family are on there and we do a pretty good job of keeping up with each others' lives that way. We've even gotten in touch with cousins, second cousins and childhood friends through Facebook, which has been great. However, after going back and reading some of my first posts on our family blog and reliving those days, I realized that the blog was like a diary of sorts and that some day my children may love to go back and remember. I know I do, so I'm going to try and keep the family blog going. I renamed it in honor of our "new" home, and continue to tweak the design of it a bit.

I started this craft blog soon after the family one so my crafty friends could see what I've been up to. I was originally posting both craft projects and cakes on here, but more and more friends, and friends of friends were asking if there was a place they could go to see my cakes and show them to others, so I decided I needed a separate blog for that. Hence Tammy's Frosted Memories was born. Now I have 3 blogs, and that seemed to be a bit overwhelming for a bit. Overwhelming enough that I stopped blogging altogether for a while.

I thought about no longer posting to this blog, and moving my crafty projects over to the family blog, but soon decided against that. I'm sure some of our friends and family who read the "Berried Treasure" are only interested in seeing pictures of us and how we're doing, while there are others who are only interested in the crafty projects and really aren't interested in the family stuff. So, with that in mind, I'm going to try and remember to take pictures of projects as I work on them and post tutorials here. That way not only do you get the inspiration of the project, but the know-how to do it yourself.

So, all that to say, "I'm back!" Who knows, maybe this will also encourage me to get many of the projects on my to-do list done so that I have something to blog about. In fact, here's a sneak peek of my first tutorial.





 A rusty old cookie sheet turned chore chart. I remembered to take pictures while I made it. :o)

Oh, one other thing. I'd really like to change the name of this blog. It sounds too much like I'm trying to do something illegal, and since I'm no longer a Stampin' Up! demo, it doesn't really fit anymore. And, I'm just in need of a change. Any ideas? I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Till next time...
God's love and blessings!


No comments: