Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas Projects-Part 1

Every year I make ornaments for my niece and nephews. I try to use a different medium each year. This year I used Sculpey modeling clay. With all the modeling I've been doing in fondant and gumpaste for my cakes, I figured Sculpey shouldn't be too difficult. It was a bit different, but it was a lot of fun. I didn't get any individual shots, but here's a group shot of all the finished ornaments.


My photography skills are terrible. I wish I had a better shot, especially of the gingerbread men. They had a bunch of different candies at their feet. Maybe I'll get my sis to send me a picture of Tyler's. I have two nephews who don't celebrate Christmas so I just made them snowmen without the candy cane. I felt bad that I spent all this time on these, but didn't spend a little extra time to wrap them better when I shipped them out. My sister said she had a bit of repair work to do on a couple when she got her box. Now I know. Wrap better!

Anyway, I will close this here. I'll try and post pics of a couple other projects I did for Christmas later.

Till then...God's love and blessings!

No comments: