Sunday, January 1, 2012

Still trying to catch up

Welcome 2012! 

Here's a quick look at two more cakes I did in 2011.


Here's a wedding cake. I made close to 1,000 little flowers for this cake. I also decided that I do NOT like working with red velvet cake. It's just so soft and does horrible things to fondant. If I ever try it again, I will try covering it with ganache before the fondant. This was the main cake. I also made 4 sheet cakes with matching flowers on them for the majority of the guests.


This cake was for our church fellowship supper in November. It was a pretty quick one to do. I like working with chocolate clay for the vines.

Looks like only a couple more and I'll be caught up on the cakes I did this last year. Hope you enjoy seeing them. I really enjoy making them and learning new techniques. Such a fun, and yummy, hobby. :o)

Till next time...God's love and blessings!

--Update--I seem to be getting a bit of traffic on this post from pinterest. Thanks for looking. I recently started a blog dedicated just to my cakes. If you're interested, please visit Tammy's Frosted Memories. Thanks!

No comments: